I have done much pondering on the negativity in the world. There are a lot of unhappy people!! On my daily walks with the dogs, I have made it my goal to cheer lives and bring joy to others. The experiences have been interesting. A few years ago as I ran through the neighborhoods saying hi to everyone I would see, and I developed deep friendships that I had no idea had happened. After weeks of running and saying hi, people would stop me to tell me of a death in the neighborhood, someone who was sick, or of their own struggles. It was so interesting, coming to me who wouldonly smile, wave, and say hi! It got me to thinking how many lonely people are out there in the world.
As I again took up my "hi, wave, and smile", I discovered an ubundance of new friends. A few, you might question, nevertheless, they are still my friends... One in particular will bristle you as dangerous situation I am sure, but the spirit tells me different. This one young man, probably in his early 30's had passed me many times on his walks also. He is paralized ast least partly as if he had a stroke and his left side has to drag or manipulate his left arm and leg. One day he asked if he could have a hug. I thought for a minute and spiritually said a prayer to know if it was a good idea. A confirmation immediately came and a hug was given. He said thank you and we each went on our way. Many times since we would say hi and smile, waving from a distance. He smokes, lives with his parents, and seems lonely in spirit as well as physically alone. As I pass his house, he calls me beautiful! A wonderful uplifting spirit comes about me as I realize that beautiful is not really fitting, but my fairy tale image of myself still says I am. He reinforces my belief in myself and encourages that hope of still being attractive. Yes, it is just a word said in fun, but still leaves a lasting a fulfilling feeling of worth in me. The next, I know will probably make you cringe, but you have to respect my judgement and the spirit that goes with it. The other day he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. After pondering and checking in with the spirit, I said sure. I have lots of boyfriends. He then said something that threw me and questioned my judgement. He said "I will treat my woman good and make love to her." The spirit just prompted me to smile sweetly and say I don't do that. He smiled back and I smiled as I continued on my way, but with an inner joy and feeling of happiness I cannot explain. I knew what the Lord was telling me. He was loved by our Savior and Heavanly Father. This guy respected me, my bounds and I know would never hurt me, but I left him with a feeling of worth even to be my friend. It is hard to explain as I write this, but tears come to my eyes as I again feel that inner joy and happiness so intensely felt at that time! So many people in this world must be feeling rejected, left out, uncared for, sad, and alone. Does it really hurt to follow the spirit and let them know of their worth to Heavanly Father? I say no! Again I will never forget that peace and joy that remained with me even after a situation in which normally would be an evil feeling or discernment to clear away. Will I see him again on my walk? Yes I am sure of it. Will I shun or ignore him? Most certainly not, but hopefully will help instill him with a feeling of worth and being loved by his Heavanly Father. That is the love he craves, "but knows not where to find it........" My message: please don't judge another till you have walked in the pother's shoes! If you cannot walk in his shoes, then ask Heavanly Father to help you to feel how they feel.
The next instance is a little boy who I could tell, longed to see my puppies as I walked by. I would always stop, visit with him and let him pet the pups. I would always say, " look how they love you! They can't wait to see you". As he was playing with his friends one day, he backed up to greet the pups. None of his friends did. He said "why do they like me so much?" I said "because you are so loveable! I love you too!" and gave him a hug. His eyes lit up and his chest broadened. he was kind of a large kid so maybe sometimes shunned. Only Heavanly Father knows the inner heart of people.........
. All I know is that after I walked away I felt such joy and happiness! Who knows but what that hug and those words will stick in his mind forever. I will never know, but, then again, I don't have to!!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment