Just wanted to share a few thoughts I have had lately.
The first was while I was lying down resting yesterday and today for a headache (yes both days). My mind floated away to the fairyland of memories. Thoughts of each of my children popped into the space as I floated through memoryland. Greatfulness for the adornment of the special gifts from God that I was blessed with--each of my children. My patriarchal blessing says: " You will be blessed with true virtues of manhood and womanhood to grace and adorn your life"! That part of my blessing truly has drifted upon me. Not only does it include my own biological children, but the spouses of each!!!!! Double blessings in my life. I would not change or desire any one of them to be different!--each has become my child also!! I was thinking about adoption and how there is a birth mom and dad and the new adopted couple. Nothing will ever change that birth mom and dad, but as the adoptive couple they have become sealed in your life as well!! My daughter-in-laws and sons-in-law are sealed in my heart along with their spouses! Grandchildren are a different blessing. They are sealed in my heart before they are ever even born!! There is a such a special deep bond with those special spirits that can be explained in no other way!!!!!!! As all of you know, when children are around, the child in me appears out of nowhere to play too!! I LOVE children and I LOVE to play........what can I say more...! So you see I am TRULY blessed more than I deserve!!!!!! I also have soooo many dear friends who I ADORE and are so loyal and faithful to me. They love me as I am and expect no more......... How can I not love and adore them!!!!!
And last, but best of all is my love for the Savior and My Heavanly Father. Through prayer and scripture study and temple attendance, I have truly gotten to KNOW them! Yes it is true that one can carry on a conversation with the Lord and Heavanly Father through prayer!! Don't arise from your knees so quickly, but wait for Him to speak to you in return. It took me years of fear to think of even conversing with them..... What a waste of prescious time!!!! They are just waiting for a few moments of personal conversation with us. They truly LOVE us and MISS us!!! I an obviously no better or more worthy than anyone else is to have this same privilege!! I truly am blessed with an abundance of love in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bosom feels as if it will burst. That is the exaact description of those feelings I felt lying there on the bed!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment