Monday, April 26, 2010

OUR WEDDING-April 28, 2010

Wow!! Writing stuff on paper takes so little time when actually living life seems to go so much slower. Well, almost wedding day. As I said last blog, Lloyd's sister and mom arrived with Lloyd. His dad flew in a few days later because they owned a hotel and they both could not be gone at once for very long. Our families quickly blended and became great friends.
I found my dress, which I loved at an unbelievable low price! It was just what I wanted in a creamy ivory clor with little pearls, fitted, a train and flowing skirt. Isn't it interesting how important those little details are when seeing them at the moment rather than focusing on the important things that last forever.......... Well anyway, it was a beautiful ceremony. I can only really see my video of leaving the church. My sweet dad had borrowed a brand new Chrysler car for us to depart in. I was so afraid something would happen to it by pranksters that I couldn't relax as I quickly changed. Thank goodness no one did, but Jack Kennedy, our driver was driving recklessly in it to escape some of my friends and x-boyfriends who were chasing us.
All finally ended well. We spent the first night at the Dell Web Hotel in Fresno, then on to Carmel and Monterey. After a few days, Lloyd said we spent too much money and it was time to return to our home in Fresno. /While driving back, an absessed tooth became unbearable pain and we detoured to a dentist we found in the yellow pages who drilled through the tooth and released pressure. I was so thankful that it had not happened sooner when we were enjoying our honeymoon. It is surprising that the little cottages that we stayed at in Carmel were still there and still unbeleivably reasonable $25 when we went back to stay there a few years ago!! It was another wonderful trip full of memories.
I was just thinking back to my childhood dreams which were to marry a tall dark, handsome man with strong spiritual committment, that he would love children, be adventuresome and full of fun like me, would be a strong conscientious family man, and that he would love me and cherish me like his Queen. I also knew that I wanted to renew my covenants a few years later to renew the original committment and to wear my wedding dress. All happened and were completed when we were sealed together in the Oakland Temple for time and for all eternity on November 14, 1969. Our civil was Oct. 7, 1967. Life is truly a fairytale with a factual and beautiful neverending................ Lloyd are married forever to each other and will again be reunited after my death to begin our eternal forever "rest of the story"!!!

No comments: