Sunday, May 2, 2010

MAY 2, 2010

Today is a grateful day!! A day to be grateful that I am alive, healthy, happy, and energetic. Some days are not energetic days..... I still need to be grateful on those days for the same things. Life is all about relativity. In relation to those dying of cancer, even my "nonenergetic" days are extremely more energetic than theirs. I also find that often, once I get to functioning, my abilities and capabilities increase. For instance, yesterday I was really feeling the lack of a motivated body. I finally decided to get busy and start tidying up my neglected house (after a busy week)! Yep, even with one person and 2 puppies, somehow a whirlwind rushes through and destroys the peace and tranquility of home. I laugh as I remember one of my sons coming home one day and yelling, "we've been robbed!!!!!!" You guessed it...one of my nonenergetic days and Yep, that whirlwind of destruction had hit my home....! It takes will power, determination, self-discipline, and courage to step forward at those moments and begin the reconstruction movement!! Precept by precept (or dish by dish, toy by toy, etc.) it starts to appear - that clean tidy house that was hiding under the mess, yep it IS still there! I have been doing so much better at organizing, controling clutter, tidying regularly. It seems after Lloyd passed away, a lot of my motivations and pride in myself and in my home died too. They have slowly been resurrecting, and I must say, with greater potential than before. Needless to say, after a couple of hours of cleaning, tidying, washing, folding clothes, watering, weeding, depooping (not a real word, I know!) and more tidying, my energy returned even greater than before!! It was kind of like, "if I can do this, I can do ANYTHING!!!!" I realized even though my house wasn't THAT bad, that just digging in and doing creates its own energy. The hardest part is getting up and putting one foot in front of the other or in other words, just starting! The Lord's house is a House of cleanliness and order, mine needs to be kept that way too. Hmm! That goes for the inner self or spirit too. Cleanliness is next to Godliness and no unclean thing can enter the kingdom of God. We need to constantly be cleaning and tidying and eliminating, when necessary, our souls as well as our physical home! It is definitely energizing to the spirit also. Now, I have written this to re-remind myself of those energy producing sources. Yep, I am truly grateful today for much. My happiness and energy are connected to spiritual and physical cleanliness. I am ready to conquer the world! Move over Superman, here comes SUPERWOMAN!! HA, HA! See what a little empowerment will do with the start of one foot in front of the other with the addition of courage, determination, self-discipline!! I must remember this!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: