Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TIME TO QUIT WORK!

I am postponing Lloyd's and my conversion stories till I find them. They were previously written by each of us for one of our missionaries. The spirit was strong as they were written, so I want to preserve that sweet spirit with their original writing (but will copy it!)
Soooo, back to my job at the hospital........ Things were getting quite stressful with the two girls I worked with resenting my presence in their office. I was allowed to move next door, but continued the same job of pharmacy billing. That greatly lessened the pressure and words spoken, but not enough since we still had to work together on the billing. Every night I would go home with a migraine and in tears from the day and the thought of another day in the morning. Lloyd finally honored my pleadings to talk to the bishop about my stress and desire to stay home and be a mommy and housewife. It was a scary thought for Lloyd since he had 2 more semesters to complete still and really did not want me to quit till he was done. Bisop Turner, after listening to our story agreed that I needed to quit work and start our family. YEAH!!! My forever dream had come true!! Well, not yet! I agreed to work a few more months then give my notice. My inner self wanted to just say goodbye and forget them, but my spirit said that when I gave notice, I should tell the girls that it was difficult working with them, but I still loved them and considered them to be my friends and if there was ANYTHING I could ever do for them at anytime, to feel free to call me. I smiled (I actually felt the words I said!!)and walked away, but felt that I had grown 10,000 feet in stature and character. Hard to do?--you bet!--I was actually trembling there in the doorway, but the look on their faces will be forever etched in my mind--disbelief, humility, and perhaps even a touch of respect for me. What if I had never taken that extra walk to the doorway and only shaken myself off, wiped my hands clean and never gone that direction...........? I will never know, (nor do I ever want to know............)! What I did do, was what I was asked to do by my Heavanly Father. No one could ever change that!

No comments: