Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT, DO YOU?

SUNDAY: I WAS LATE TO CHURCH AND MISSED THE "SACRAMENT" BEING PASSED. Rather than miss it totally, I chose to attend the next ward's opening meeting and "sacament"! It felt good not to miss out! The thought made me ponder how many times in my life that I DO miss out on an experience or happening, and the difference when I put forth the effort to be there or do that which I might have missed out on and receive the blessings that are found thereby. Attending the temple is one of those blessings.
Sunday I was having pains in my stomach and behind the sternum. I went to a fireside, and left quickly not feeling well. All night I tossed and turned hurting very uncomfortably with the pain increasing in my chest and back as well as stomach and nausea. At 4 am I decided I had better take myself to emergency room to rule out heart attack. 6 hours later, heart attack possibilty was ruled out, and, somewhat more pain free, I headed home. By afternoon the pain increased again (Mon.) and I found myself calling the Dr., and again the waiting process, blood tests and home. That night I received a blessing from my Home teachers as the pain again increased. I was blessed to have the pain leave and to get a restful night sleep which is exactly what happened. I havn't had any more pain, but the blood test showed 4 X elevation above normal on one of the liver tests which might be gall bladder. What if I had not gotten the blessing..........? Would I have missed out? There is no doubt in my mind that I would have,after just experiencing the beautiful deep restful sleep and intense feeling of peace and love from my Heavanly Father. I have a treadmill test on Thurs. to further rule out heart and a cat scan of liver, gall bladder areas on Friday. Whatever it is will be ok since I have learned that the Lord is in control and knows each person and situation and will not allow anything to happen that is not for our good. We need to endure pain and suffering once in a while in order to realize and appreciate their opposites of peace, comfort and feeling good! Heavanly Father is anxiously waiting with a constant full barrel of blessings to pour down on each of us! it is up to us to live our lives in accordance for him to allow them to flow upon us! I certainly don't ever want to "MISS OUT", do you?

No comments: