Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!

Today is a new day! It is the first day of the rest of my life! This day I will improve upon myself! My goal will be to be a better person than I was on any other day of my life. It will be my purpose to make someone or several people's lives better for my living on the earth today. Hmmmmmmmm! Guess I had better get busy then!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last Saturday it was my privilege to see the friend who I previously mentioned in a blog (who has had a stroke or he is crippled on the left side from birth)! I have seen him many times since then and had hugs and conversation with him, but this time, as I met him on my walk, I noticed he was sad and walking towards the bus. His family had left early that morning for a big family party at the park, and he was left behind. No one had reminded him, and not being ready, they left without him. I offered to take him since it was at Woodward park I could take my dogs there for our walk. My pups and I turned home to grab the car and meet him midway as it took him much longer with his slow labored walk dragging his leg and foot.
Well, long story short, we finally found his family after 3 trips around the park and at one point of borrowing a phone (my dogs jumped out the window and had to be chased down and brought back). (that became there walk!!!!!) On the ride there I was able to mention our church and told him how important families are and that is why I was so eager to help him.
As I drove home I again, felt good about myself for making another's burdens easier that day.

No comments: