It is usually in lying down for a nap, that ideas flow on something to write. Hmmmm! Sounds like a good excuse doesn't it! :) Well today I laid down, and all I did was sleep! (still not all bad!:) )
As I watered the lawn and plants this morning, the thought came to me that no matter how many days in a row I water, missing a day or two reverses itself and live plants and lawn are replaced with dead plants and dead spots. NOT FAIR!! But then life isn't fair, is it.........! As I pondered this concept a little further I realized it is one of those life-truths! Everything we enthusiastically embrace in life, if not continually pursued and kept up, will fade in importance and prominence in our life and slowly die off our priorty list.... like exercising, and especially spiritual things - praying, reading scriptures, attending the temple, etc. I do it every day for eons, then miss a week and all my "habit" so carefully nurished is dead! One advantage is that it makes me want to try that much harder to save "its" life before "it" dies, and, because I retain the remembrance of the difficulty of again beginning that slow painful process of re'establishing the former pattern. AHHHHHHG! That is always so long and tedious! But I must remember: I CAN DO HARD THINGS! They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit........! Well here I am a day 1 with my list of 300 habits to begin again! Wish me luck world! In return, I will wish everyone in the world "happy habit making"!!!!! :)! We can do it, yes we can!!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment