April 7 ·
It has been a long hard journey but my bones are completely (100%) healed. Now my muscles and joint just have to catch up to my bones! Miracles. are occurring as I work my strength at limits all day long. Probably my flexibility is almost a 1/3. It will take time still but I am so excited I am getting back my "PERSON"!! Pain meds cold turkey Monday, after I realized there is no excuse for pain meds as muscles and joints improve. Only problem is, admitting yes, there ar...e bad side effects after 3 months on them. For the last 2 days my body has felt all over like the normal restless leg syndrome, and I was so grumpy when I had previously gone to every 6 hours. That is why I quit cold turkey. I feel brain wise and energy wise and copingwise at 100% better. For a while I thought this da would never come. Those pain pills affect emotions, definitely mental, socially--I withdrew from even wanting to interact with those close to me. Well guys I am back!!!!-- - -and so excited!!! Another 6 weeks and I should be as good as new! - -Never anything left of the accident!! Life is good and I am loving and embracing it again whole heartedly. Still there might be a few lows in the next few weeks, but doesn't everyone have bad days once in a while? I love you guys! Prayers and caring have made a huge difference in my last months! Thanks!
April 26 ·
Friends, you are not going to believe this....! Friday I had a fall after tripping off a swing and slammed my neck onto a solid metal pole, breaking two vertabraes in my neck and a tear on an artery in my neck and 2 of the vertabraes shifted, leaving me in danger of being paralyzed. /they put me in a strong long neck brace to stabilize everything while in the trauma unit then kept me for a day. I am home again recooperating after a slide somewhat backward in my progress. Old injuries stayed stable but are bruised and joints sore from the trauma. In perspective it is not very bad or hurting as previous injuries. It is just surprising what you cannot see or do with the big brace. Progress had just started, and I had even driven a little..... Oh well this too shall soon pass. It could have been worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment