As I lay awake in the wee hours of the morning, I reflected on what I truly want for Christmas this year for myself and my family. I think it would also be the Savior's wish list for us. I do not mean that in a self-righteous or prideful way, but in a humble, , way. It was enough of a strong urge to get me out of bed and onto the computer in the middle of a warm cozy bed.
WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR (Yes, I even give permission to take back a material gift for your money back and request from gift list instead).
1. This Christmas I want no competitiveness or comparing. I have watched my dogs over the past few weeks getting into viscious dog fights over who has more or less of something than the other. It is an animalistic characteristic that animals cannot comprehend or learn easily to eliminate in their lives. They have not learned nor are they capable of the higher law us humans can attain. I beleive it includes unconditional love for another and acceptance of their faults and character traits which brings me to my second wish.
2. My wish is for unconditional love and acceptance of each and every other person in our family. It is that we might look at each other as the Savior would look at them. Each of us is blessed with unique qualities and gifts and it is for us to seek out those in ourselves and in each other and rejoice with each other in those gifts. "Love one another as I have loved you!" What a beautiful step toward total complete happiness in ourselves. It is that LOVE that our Savior has. It is to try to look beyond the exterior and "look upon the heart"!
3. My third wish is for Unity which follows love. The greatest source of unity the Lord has given us on earth is family. Isn't it exciting that we belong to a family who will always be there for us no matter what the situation or the problem? Isn't it exciting that we will not be alienated for something we say or do? Heavanly Father has even linked us as families all the way back to Adam and Eve. What does that show about unity and linking together each family as one.
4. My fourth wish is to not be too caught up in the material part of Christmas and to have our focus everyday be to the real meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior who was born for the purpose of our salvation and dedicated His life to us--His family. Yes, you can even take back my material gift and grant me my wishes in its place. I will be happy.
I have found that true happiness in life comes from UNCODITIONAL LOVING OTHERS, ESPECIALLY MY FAMILY AND LOOKING FOR THEIR GOOD AND UNIQUE GIFTS.
Happiness comes from NOT COMPARING OR COMPETING IN LIFE, BUT REJOICING IN ANOTHERS BLESSINGS AND REALIZING THAT WE ARE GIVEN THAT WHICH IS OURS TO LEARN TO ACCEPT AND REJOICE IN. IT IS SEEING OURSELVES AND OTHERS AS HEAVANLY FATHER SEES THEM AND US. IT IS TO REALIZE THAT STRUGGLES BELONG TO ALL OF US, BUT IN DIFFERENT WAYS. IT IS HOW WE HANDLE THAT WHICH IS OUR LOT OR CIRCUMSTANCE IN LIFE THAT BRINGS OUR HAPPINESS. There is the story of the man who brought his bag of problems to God and asked for another instead. He was told he could step into the room to the right and lay his burdens and troubles down and pick up another. After checking out each bag of problems, he picked a bag and walked out. When God commented on the bag being the same he took in, he replied that after seeing all the other bags, he realized this bag was best for him personally.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment