Thursday, June 11, 2015


> On Jun 8, 2015, at 11:24 PM, Joyce Evenson <joyceevenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I lay on my bed pondering, I was reminded of my hundreds of imaginary "tin cans" tethered to my waist with rope.  Some have come and gone easily with a snip of the scissors , but the stubborn ones have taken courageous effort and perseverance on my part to release.  You see, my tin cans are the hurts, adversities, words said or things done to me that caused me pain, all of which my mind considered being my permanent burden to carry (as if garbage is flung on a person--garbage with super glue that is impossible to remove)!  yes STUCK for life!
>
>   Well a number of years ago the thought came that perhaps I wasn't  "stuck", but instead "I" possibly could have much to do with my predicament, My thinking was perhaps an incorrect perception on my part, or my own personal  attitude, and/or my "choice" to remain "stuck"  even though at the time that was a ridiculous assumption!!!!!!!!.(after all, they hurt ME)!  However,Through searching my soul I discovered a question that has changed my life!  That would be the  :    " is it I?"     question, which caused much conflict within.
>
> The "is it I" theory was given in the new testament when the Savior stated that one of the apostles would betray Him.  It was always astonishing to me that each apostle whispered "Is it I?"  rather than thinking, " John has looked a bit suspicious lately or could it be Thomas...."  But instead inner reflecting on inner self.......
>
> Now back to the tin cans...  What do they represent?  They could mean something different to each person reading this, but to me they represent my hurts, my sins, my regrets, my mistakes and anything else that causes me sorrow for the past.
> You see I was a runner and really did not wish to have that baggage of tied cans slowing me down and impeding my progress.  Nope, not even the loud clatter!!!.  Did you know that you cannot even hear yourself "think" with the hindrance of all that rubbish attached?   It  was like garbage  flung on a person--garbage with super glue that is impossible to remove!  yes STUCK for life!  But , yes I THOUGHT I was STUCK!
>
> Those cans had flung behind me for soooo many years that  their attachment had grown into me and gotten covered over by my skin.....  It would be most painful and hurtful to remove and would probably even  (some of them anyway) require major surgery.!!!!!  The courage, the pain, the perseverance seemed so devastating and unbearable to any degree to go through!
>
>
> The good news is that I slowly started tackling the horrific conglomeration immediately! Soon realizing that the process needed to proceed one at a time to prevent shock or discouragement! In order to thoroughly feel and experience that original pain of each situation, the only way to start the healing was to admit the cans were there, to question each and every can for a reason it was there, evaluate its necessity and eliminate CANS WHERE NEEDED.  Too many cans, however, removed at the same time a time would cause huge open sores that would not heal and most would get infected, so the process was a slow one,
>
> Too often  I would race back to where the severed cans were and quickly try to
> reattach ithem, thinking that would release the pain and allow me to function normally again- that I perhaps just missed its company!  Not to happen!  As now in so doing, I was connecting the bacteria that had gathered on the "can" which  was caused even greater problems!! The cans  had to stay released because I now had a new perspective and now could exchange the bad feelings and allow the good feelings of getting the "cancer out"  and the fresh cells to regroup and change.  Can by can, the healing was occurring.
> The best part was the exillerating knowledge that I was truly becoming happy and began loving others unconditionally and seeing them as our Heavanly Father sees them.  My being was filled with love for everyone, where  there was room for that love!An amazing recovery was taking place and my number of cans were reducing tremendously/  Does this mean I will forever be free from tin cans or reattachments?  Sorry, but I still find myself often going back to my habit of rehunting those cans for reattachment.  The garbageman has picked up most of the cans,and rust and decay have occurred with many and some were even perhaps picked up for the purpose of attachment to another person, but the truth remains.  The outcome of my "surgeries" have brought so much love for every single one of my "brothers and sisters" on this earth that I really am finally being cured of gathering these type of cans (still a lifetime process of tying and releasing, but like balloons we need to release them to freedom to fly away and be unavailable to us..  My speed at running is totally exhilarating and I have gathered many friends to join me with the wind and motivation moving us all forward together, rejoicing in each others successes.  Yes, many of those friends are the exact same ones I originally blamed for tin can burdens.  Imagine that!  What are your tin cans that you might need to reevaluate?  Who are those in your life that you might forgive and embrace?  What difference would in make in your life if you did?l  What difference could you make in their lives if you did?  REMEMBER EMPTY TIN CANS ARE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

No comments: